Autumn’s making her big comeback tomorrow. A few good fall things to look forward to: the AC can finally be retired. Your sweaters will be so relieved to be back in rotation. Hot toddys at 2pm will be totally acceptable again. Just be sure you don’t spend all your free time hunting for peak foliage—there’s loads of awesome art happenings to scope out this season! Start with our selects below, some rad goings-on ℅ 20x200 artists and contributors. – Team 20x200
Amber Vittoria's art XXL and outdoors: the mural dreams are made of (at Tictail).
Inhale Through The Nose by Amber Vittoria
- Portland peeps: artist and illustrator Lisa Congdon’s new retail shop is open to the public on Oct 6th! Doubling as a workshop, the space is packed with original art pieces, products, books, prints, and goodies like punch hooked pillows.
- Do yourself a li’l shopping and support emerging makers at NYC’s Tictail, then check out Amber Vittoria’s mega stunning mural outside while you’re there.
- Catch Ky Anderson’s abstract paintings in her exhibition Crested at SF’s Jack Fischer Gallery through Oct 27th.
Put a bird on it: Stamen Design's impressive and informative mural at Yerba Buena Center for the Arts!
Watercolor San Francisco by Stamen Design
- Stop by Star Gallery in the Lower East Side to spot Johanna Goodman’s work alongside other art world heavy hitters in the group show American Gods.
- Thanks to Stamen Design, San Francisco’s YBCA is currently decked out in a *fifty*-foot-long mural—a data visualization that shows birds at risk of extinction in our national parks due to climate change.
- Break into fall with Laura Brown’s happy-making prints, on display at St. Paul MN’s Concordia University Gallery through October 5th.
Enter into an Experimental Relationship with Pixy Liao's new book, based on her decade-long photo project.
Resting on a Bush by Yijun (Pixy) Liao
- Pixy Liao’s new photo book is now available and turns gender norms on their head. Read more about her Experimental Relationship series over on Artsy.
- If you’re in the SoCal area, drop by LA’s Makeroom to dip into Badwater—photographer William Lamson’s solo show.
- Trey Speegle has amassed an amazing collection of printed matter by Andy Warhol. See his personal collection on display in Andy Warhol Ephemera through Oct. 27th.
- Multimedia artist (and 20x200 Art Mixtape maker) Martine Gutierrez’s eye-catching new body of work, Indigenous Woman, is up at Chelsea’s Ryan Lee Gallery and featured on them. in this interview.