Working at 20x200
20x200 | Jen Bekman Projects, Interns
20×200, the pioneering art website, is looking for interns to assist with projects. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to learn more about innovation in the art business. You’ll be an integral part of our team, making lasting contributions to 20x200 and Jen Bekman Projects while honing your particular interests and skills. We’d love it if you had some experience in an office and/or gallery environment, but what’s most important to us is that you’re smart, polished, motivated and as excited about art as we are.
We’re looking for interns to help provide operational support, help with social media and fulfillment; support the research needs of the editorial and curatorial teams, and help us shape how we talk with our customers. At JBP we all wear a lot of hats, so if you are interested in a general art/business internship, we’d welcome your diverse set of skills and interests. Please know, as well, that we’re a small, start-up staff and everyone tackles tasks that are often above but sometimes below our respective skill sets, and you will be expected to do the same. So be ready to roll up your sleeves if the job calls for it. Interns will find there are many opportunities for growth on our team, and we look for candidates who are eager to seize them.
Who We Are
Jen Bekman Projects (JBP) uses the power of the Internet to bring the value and joy of collecting art to a wider audience than has ever been possible. JBP consists of three programs: 20x200 is the pioneering website that offers curated, limited-edition art at ridiculously affordable prices; Hey, Hot Shot! is a critically-acclaimed international photography competition that discovers, recognizes and promotes photographers at all stages of their careers; and the Jen Bekman Gallery exhibits photography, works on paper, paintings and mixed media.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
This is a full time internship, but we’re also open to candidates who are available part-time. For part-time candidates we require a minimum of 2 week-days. Our 20x200 office hours are from 10 a.m. – 6p.m., Monday through Friday. There are occasionally after-hours or weekend events that you may be required to attend. We’re also happy to do any necessary paperwork if you’re doing a for-credit internship.
The Person We're Looking For
- Is organized, preferably obsessively so.
- Has a background, or at the very least a keen interest, in fine art, photography + design.
- Is intelligent and enthusiastic. You possess a sense of humor.
- Is reliable. You stick to your commitments and are dedicated to making it work.
- Is motivated: You’re ready to take charge and find the resources you need to get the job done.
- Has a way with words. Grammar, spelling, style—we want it all!
- Is internet savvy. Twitter is your friend. You’re no stranger to Facebook, you read way too many blogs, and maybe you even have one of your own.
How to Apply
Send us an email! It’s super important that you follow the guidelines below, and include your cover in the body of the email:
- Tell us what you’re looking for in an internship, and what you find particularly appealing and/or interesting about 20x200 | Jen Bekman Projects.
- Use the subject line: “JBP Intern, Last Name, First Name” and send your email to email@example.com.
- Let us know your preferred start date, and your availability.
- Include your resume. (That can be an attachment, but remember, your cover letter goes in the body of the email.)
- Also include a link to your website or examples of design, blog posts or anything else you’ve created that you think we should see.
Please don’t be terribly formal. That’s boring. And yes, we’re picky—boilerplate covers go straight to the circular file. Be original! Also, like we said above, the guidelines are important—be sure to follow them.