20x200 Artists at Armory Arts Week + Beyond!
It's Armory week in New York City, so join in the festivities by discovering talented 20x200 artists out and about in the city and around the world!
- Bert Teunissen at the Aperture booth at the Armory Show, March 6th - March 9th.
- Bastienne Schmidt opens The Topography of Quiet on March 8th at Kenise Barnes Fine Art in Larchmont, NY.
- Friday, March 14th Sarah McKenzie opens a new solo exhibition, Transitional, at David B. Smith Gallery. In conjunction with the exhibition, they are publishing a catalogue with a foreword by Nora Burnett Abrams, Associate Curator at MCA Denver, and an essay by Kyle Macmillan, a corresponding editor for Art in America and former art critic for the Denver Post.
- Did you catch Vince Aletti write-up in The New Yorker on Michael Light’s Danziger Gallery show?
- You can read about about Shuli Hallak’s new project in her interview with Fast Company.
- The February issue of the British Journal of Photography has a spread on Phillip Cheung’s Desert Dreams series. You can see the work in person as part of a group show at the Salt Institute for Documentary Studies in Portland, MA March 7 - March 21, 2014.
- Gary Petersen was chosen to be a part of the 2014 Invitational Exhibition at the American Academy of Arts and Letters, on view March 6 through April 12 in NYC.
- Craig Damrauer is presenting One Dozen Instructions at the Unnoticed Art Festival. The event will take place at a city in the Netherlands at a completely unannounced time. So that may be a little bit hard to find.
- Infrastructure, a solo exhibition by Jenny Odell is on view at Intersection for the Arts through March 29th. You can read a SF Weekly review of the show here.
- Coming March 7th at Catherine Edelman Gallery in Chicago, Laura Plageman is exhibiting as part of the Ctrl+P Series.
- Fabricated Revisions, new work by Megan Whitmarsh is on view through March 16th at MULHERIN+POLLARD right here in NYC. (We love this gallery!)
- Amze Emmons has work up as part of Make/Shift at Folioleaf also in the NYC, on view through March 22nd.
- Man about town Mr. Jorge Colombo has a new revamped website, filled with recent work - and fun fact, there are probably fewer than three pieces on it not done using an iPhone or iPad.
- Check out work from Valerie Roybal in the new book from Chronicle Books, Freehand: Sketching Tips and Tricks Drawn from Art.
- Kate Bingaman-Burt has a new journal out with Princeton Architectural Press!
- Wendy MacNaughton’s first book Meanwhile in San Francisco: The City in its Own Words is coming out March 18 from Chronicle Books. Pre-order it here.
- Juliane Eirich just published her first book, Itoshima, with Peperoni Books Berlin.
- Hong Kong folks? Check out Echoed Visions, a solo exhibtion of work by Kurt Tong on view February 25 - March 29, 2014 at Identity Gallery.
Olympics Schmipics, Tatsuro Kiuchi recently received gold and silver medals from the Society of Illustrators.
- Stuart Klipper just spent 10 days in Sweden working the first of a 2-part (Winter/Summer) commission from a new museum situated on a large island, Värmdö, about 30 driving minutes east of Stockholm, Artipelag.
- Michael Cappabianca is part of the MCC Artist Fellowship Program Fellows and Finalists Photography exhibition at the New Art Center in MA through March 23.