Image: YES (You Complete the Picture), Trey Speegle
The team here at 20x200 is looking for interns to assist with projects. This is a great opportunity for someone looking to learn more about innovation in the art business. You’ll be an integral part of our team, making lasting contributions to 20x200 and Jen Bekman Projects while honing your particular interests and skills. We’d love it if you had some experience in an office and/or gallery environment, but what’s most important to us is that you’re smart, polished, motivated and as excited about art as we are.
We’re looking for interns to help provide operational support for print and web production, social media and fulfillment; support the research needs of the editorial and curatorial teams, maintain and update the artist wiki, and help us inventory our incredible collection of artists proofs. At JBP we all wear a lot of hats, so if you are interested in a general art/business internship, we’d welcome your diverse set of skills and interests.
Please know, as well, that we’re a small, start-up staff and everyone tackles tasks that are often above but sometimes below our respective skill sets, and you will be expected to do the same. So be ready to roll up your sleeves if the job calls for it. Interns will find there are many opportunities for growth on our team, and we look for candidates who are eager to seize them.
Responsibilities and qualifications:
This is a full-time paid internship, but we’re also open to candidates who are available part-time. For part-time candidates, we require a minimum of two weekdays. Our 20x200 office hours are from 9:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. There are occasionally after-hours or weekend events that you may be required to attend. We’re also happy to do any necessary paperwork if you’re doing a for-credit internship.
The person we're looking for:
• Is organized, preferably obsessively so.
• Has a background—or at the very least a keen interest—in fine art, photography + design.
• Is intelligent and enthusiastic. You possess a sense of humor.
• Is reliable. You stick to your commitments and are dedicated to making it work.
• Is motivated: You’re ready to take charge and find the resources you need to get the job done.
• Has a way with words. Grammar, spelling, style—we want it all!
• Is internet-savvy. Pinterest is your friend, you’re no stranger to Facebook, you read way too many blogs (maybe you even have one of your own).
• Is handy. Know your way around a hammer, a level, a cordless drill? How about a paintbrush? We love you.
How to apply:
Send us an email! It’s super important that you follow the guidelines below, and include your cover in the body of the email:
• Tell us what you’re looking for in an internship, and what you find particularly appealing and/or interesting about 20x200 | Jen Bekman Projects.
• Use the subject line: “JBP Intern, Last Name, First Name” and send your email to email@example.com.
• Let us know your preferred start date and your availability.
• Include your resume. (That can be an attachment, but remember your cover letter goes in the body of the email.)
• Also include a link to your website or examples of your design work, blog posts, or anything else you’ve created that you think we should see.
Please don’t be terribly formal. That’s boring. And yes, we’re picky—boilerplate covers go straight to the circular file. Be original! Also, like we said above, the guidelines are important—be sure to follow them.