Spring art things! In-season 20x200 art happenings you won’t wanna miss
20x200 artists are staying busy this spring, and the result is some seriously cool art goings-on. Lucky for you, we’ve rounded up a few highlights to make your spring scheduling a cinch. *Spring* into action and attack the best art offerings out there this season! – Team 20x200
Spy Kindah Khalidy hard at work on her next show, opening at Chandran Gallery in SF this April.
Untitled (a) by Kindah Khalidy
- Miner of internet images and collector of collections, artist Jenny Odell has been picked as the first ever Artist in Residence for the SF Arts Commission's new program, which places artists in various City Departments.
- Kiddo-wranglers look alive: Linzie Hunter illustrated this absurdly adorable forthcoming children's book, out April 24th.
- Color queen Kindah Khalidy's showing at Chandran Gallery in SF starting April 6th.
Catch the last week of Lisa Congdon's solo show at Fullerton College Art Gallery, where she's the 2018 Artist in Residence!
- Get a load of Lisa Congdon's stunning solo exhibition at Fullerton College Art Gallery, in conjunction with her residency. (Fun fact: art world legend Wayne Thiebaud helped launch the first residency there in the 70s).
- Ann Toebbe and Gwendolyn Zabicki are co-exhibiting in At Home, open through April 20th at HF Johnson Gallery of Carthage College in Wisconsin.
- Design Week Portland kicks off April 14th. Catch Kate Bingaman-Burt's itinerary (she’s also on the board of directors! Peep this here interview) and 20x200 friend Jessica Hische's lettering workshop.
Resting on a Bush by Yijun (Pixy) Liao
Pixy Liao pairs with Marie Tomanova in Muse Muse, a show exploring the artist-curator relationship.
- Activist-cum-artist Molly Crabapple's illustrations accompany this moving new memoir (dropping in May) of Syrian man and refugee Marwan Hisham.
- An exhibition up at NYC's Czech Center takes on the muse-artist trope, feat. Pixy Liao's provocative photography as well as work by 20x200 Art Mixtape maker Martine Gutierrez.
- Visualize this: Stefanie Posavec leading dataviz workshops in Chicago and DC this summer. Get your tix!
- Take a class with NYC photog and firecracker Ruben Natal San Miguel.