20x200 is looking for a part-time Customer Relations + Operations Coordinator to join our small-but-mighty team. We’re a woman-owned, independent business that’s been around since 2007, and our Customer Relations + Ops Coordinator is crucial to keeping things running smoothly behind-the-scenes. The right candidate for this role is a highly organized professional who thrives on creating (and maintaining!) order and is a stickler for getting the details exactly right. The role will start at 15-20 hours per week with a starting pay of $20 / hr. This job is primarily on-site at our Dumbo offices, but you’ll also have the option to work remotely on occasion. We’re big believers in autonomy, and trust our team to manage their own time. Besides, we live on Slack!
Our Customer Relations + Ops Coordinator should be supremely skilled in online customer service—providing amazing customer support is something we take very seriously. You’ll also be our primary liaison with vendors, which means you’ll need to be a confident and firm communicator, a spreadsheet whiz, and a cheerful, cool-as-a-cucumber deadline conqueror and enforcer. Experience in a gallery or art world environment is a plus, but what’s most important is that you’re meticulous, polished, motivated, kind, and as excited about art as we are.Primary responsibilities include:
- Handling all customer support with kindness, diligence, and finesse
- Resolving returns, refunds, damages, delays, shipping issues and waiting lists with efficiency and grace
- Communicating with vendors and monitoring order progress from A-Z via Shopify, Google Docs and our 3PL inventory system to ensure timely and safe art delivery
- Processing stock reports, implementing product forecasting to better anticipate collector requests
- Shipping Artist-Made editions from our HQ and hitting the pavement for special deliveries and pickups as necessary
- Taking initiative on new projects and implementing creative solutions to improve efficiency and optimize our customer service protocol and practices
- Supporting our small, spirited, super-hardworking team by maintaining various production tracking docs and quickly and concisely communicating item changes/issues
- Has previous experience in online customer service and operations
- Is seriously passionate about superior customer service—you’d go the extra mile to keep our collectors happy
- Has a way with words—an excellent email manner and A+ communication skills are key
- Is hyper-organized, detail-oriented, and process driven.
- Is proactive, self-motivated, industrious, and a master of multitasking—you stay calm under pressure
- Loves Google Docs, is crazy about Excel, lives on Slack, and is gung ho about making Helpscout and Shopify their new BFFs
- Is upbeat, enthusiastic, compassionate, and a total team player—you’re dedicated and eager to foster a long term relationship with our company
- Really cares about what we’re doing and has a background or keen interest in fine art, photography and/or design
- Is NYC-based and can be available M-F (with the very occasional evening and weekend as needed)
How to apply:
Please note that applications without cover letters will not be considered. To apply, email email@example.com with:
- The subject line “20x200 Customer Relations + Ops Coordinator, Your Full Name”
- Your resume (one pagers only, please!) as an attachment
- A brief cover letter in the body of the email telling us why you want to join the 20x200 team + what makes you a great fit for the role
- Your availability—how soon could you start?