We're hiring! Customer Service + Operations Coordinator August 28 2014
We are looking for a Customer Service and Operations Coordinator to join our team. The right candidate for this role is a highly organized professional who thrives on creating (and maintaining!) order and is always a stickler for getting the details exactly right. You love making people happy—but you're no pushover!—and you understand that every single word you write or say is a reflection of the company and its values. As someone who interacts with 20x200 and gallery customers alike, your number one goal is to ensure that every customer feels like a VIP collector; you make sure that they have a great experience buying our art and address all their questions cheerfully and thoroughly. (No attitude allowed!) You see every problem or challenge as an opportunity; nothing is more rewarding than transforming an anxious customer into a loyal-for-life collector. Your passion for people and art should shine through in every interaction, whether it's on email, phone, or social media.
Important Scheduling Notes
The holiday season is extremely busy, incredibly intense and very important for us. Vacation requests are not considered or approved between the dates of October 1 and December 24.
This is a full-time job, onsite at our downtown Manhattan offices. (No telecommuters, sorry!) You will occasionally need to work on evenings and/or weekends. You must be available to start no later than September 22nd, 2014 and must available full-time throughout our holiday season in order to be considered for this role.
Who We Are
20x200 | Jen Bekman Projects (JBP) uses the power of the Internet to bring the value and joy of collecting art to a wider audience than has ever been possible. Jen Bekman Projects, established in 2003, is an ever-evolving array of endeavors in pursuit of one important goal: Art for Everyone. 20x200 is the pioneering website that offers curated, limited-edition art at ridiculously affordable prices Jen Bekman Gallery represents emerging and mid-career artists and exhibits photography, works on paper, paintings, and mixed media.
- Answer emails and phone calls for all customer inquiries.
- Manage and process requests for refunds, returns, or damaged goods from customers and ensure that we communicate inventory information to shipping departments.
- Handle and track aging orders, and troubleshoot with vendors.
- Create and manage systems for handling customer inquiries and reporting key information and updates to the 20x200 team.
- Communicate service issues and regularly interact with the post office/shipping partners.
- Issue and track POs, track vendor deadlines, and handle day-to-day inventory management.
- Oversee 3rd party fulfillment, and assist with management of printing partners.
The Person We're Looking For
- Has a bachelor's degree (or a good excuse!)
- Has at least two years of customer-facing experience. Specific online +/or e-commerce experience is ideal. Candidates with retail +/or phone support experience will also be considered.
- Is both computer and online savvy. You’re a Mac whiz, an email pro, have mastered your Gmail inbox and are a fluent user of spreadsheets, documents, and other productivity programs, both online and off.
- Possesses excellent and highly professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Is proactive, resourceful, and thinks ahead. You prefer to solve problems before they happen.
- Possesses extreme patience with an aura of calm.
- Extra points for a keen interest in fine art, photography + design.
- Start-up experience a plus.
Candidates will be asked to respond to sample customer service inquiries as part of the interview process.
If you fit the profile above, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com using the subject line: "Customer Service, Your Last Name, Your First Name." A cover letter is required in order to be considered for this position, and it matters a lot. Be original! Let us know why you think you'd be a good match for this particular position, and for the company itself.
Your cover letter MUST include salary requirements, and resumes without cover letters will absolutely NOT be considered.