20x200 is Looking for a Project + Editorial Coordinator
20x200 is a pioneering online art company that sells a curated collection of limited-edition, museum-quality prints and artworks by emerging, established and legendary artists. It's art for everyone! We’re a woman-owned, small, independent business that’s been around for over a decade, and an Equal Opportunity Employer that strongly encourages applicants of all backgrounds and abilities.
About the role:
We’re looking for a full-time Project + Editorial Coordinator to work with our small-but-mighty team. While this position can be mostly remote, candidates must be located in NYC and able to commute to Brooklyn for in-person requirements.
The right person for this role is first and foremost highly organized and a total go-getter. You must be instinctively detail-oriented and efficient—you know how to prioritize and make the most of your time. You’re also agile. You can roll with the punches to keep things on track, with a gift for managing multiple pipelines and deadlines simultaneously. You’re specifically excited about the opportunity to work on creative projects with creative people. Our Project + Editorial Coordinator will work collaboratively and in constant communication with the core team, contributors, writers, and partners, getting everyone on the same page and driving productivity. You’re the Australian Shepherd of humans.
This is an entry level role with tons of room for growth and learning. Art world experience is a plus, but not a must—if you’re passionate about the convergence of art, commerce, and technology, and want to be part of a dedicated team that makes art collecting accessible to everyone, this could be a perfect fit.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Regularly sync with founder and team members to identify outstanding needs and align on business priorities, shepherding along ongoing projects
- Manage newsletter calendar, including coordinating and securing submissions from writers for all email marketing campaigns, release newsletters, and editorial feature intros, following through to invoice payment
- Manage contributor editorial features, including working with founder on initial reach outs and ensuring all necessary materials are received from contributors in a timely fashion
- Oversee artist contracting, art release timing, and artist commissions
- Orchestrate all co-marketing partnerships, special projects, and sweepstakes
- Schedule, organize and lead quarterly planning meetings
- Handle gifting and giveaways
- Monitor site regularly for necessary updates to delegate as applicable, including UX copy, site banner and site language updates
We’re looking for someone who:
- Is a natural organizer, exceptionally meticulous, and process-oriented
- Is highly adept at multitasking, whether drilling down to the details or doing bigger picture thinking
- Is a skilled communicator—your clarity and tone is always on point, both in writing and verbally, you understand the importance of consistent and thorough communication, and you’re confident in your proofreading skills.
- Is proactive, enthusiastic, and will always go the extra mile to get it right
- Is nimble, adaptable, and calm in a crisis—you’re comfortable taking on new challenges
- Excels at working independently but knows when and how to constructively collaborate
- Has experience working in a creative environment
- Really cares about what we’re doing and has a keen interest in fine art, photography and/or design
How to apply:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- The subject line “Project + Editorial Coordinator, Your Full Name”
- Your resume (one pagers only, please!) as an attachment
- A brief cover letter in the body of the email that lets us know what interests you about 20x200 and why you'd be a great addition to our team.
- Links to your Instagram / Twitter / Blog / Pinterest / Website—whatever you’ve got.
- Your availability—how soon could you start?