20x200 is Looking for a Web Production Assistant (PT/Contract)
20x200 is a pioneering online art company that sells a curated collection of limited-edition, museum-quality prints and artworks by emerging, established and legendary artists. It's art for everyone! We’re a woman-owned, small, independent business that’s been around for over a decade, and an Equal Opportunity Employer that strongly encourages applicants of all backgrounds and abilities.
About the role:
We’re looking for a part-time / contract Web Production Assistant to work with our small-but-mighty team. The role will require approximately fifteen hours per week / sixty hours per month. While this position can be fully remote, candidates must be based in New York state and reachable via Slack for a quick fix in the case of an emergency. Being in the NYC metro area and/or able to travel to Brooklyn on occasion to meet with the team is a definite plus.
Our Web Production Assistant will be building everything from product pages to blog posts in Shopify, and setting up newsletters in Mailchimp, so familiarity with Shopify and Mailchimp is a huge plus. You’re savvy about online tools and products. We’ll provide you with assets and templates, and you’ll hit the ground running. We’re also looking for someone who is eager to identify potential points of optimization and improve outdated site functions or features.
If you’re passionate about the convergence of art, commerce, and technology, and want to be part of a dedicated team that makes art collecting accessible to everyone, this could be a perfect fit. This is an entry level role with the opportunity for growth.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Set up product pages, other pages, collections, and blog posts on our Shopify store using provided assets
- Build 3-6 newsletters per week in Mailchimp using provided assets
- Regularly manage and update Shopify collections
- Create product SKUs
- Manage basic site updates and improvements through Shopify in an ongoing fashion
- Manually add new subscribers to Mailchimp as needed
- Field new and/or short-term Shopify or Mailchimp tasks as they arise
We’re looking for someone who:
- Knows their way around Shopify and Mailchimp (maybe you’ve even made your own Shopify app or set up Mailchimp automation triggers) or is eager to learn the platforms
- Has a basic understanding of html programming language or a keen interest in learning
- Is extremely detail-oriented and an obsessive double-checker
- Excels at working independently but knows when to reach out to raise the alarm or problem solve
- Cares about what we’re doing and has an interest in fine art, photography and/or design
How to apply:
Email email@example.com with:
- The subject line “Web Production Assistant, Your Full Name”
- Your resume (one pagers only, please!) as an attachment
- A brief cover letter in the body of the email that lets us know what interests you about 20x200 and why you'd be a great addition to our team.
- Links to your Instagram / Twitter / Blog / Pinterest / Website—whatever you’ve got.
- Your availability—how soon could you start?