Summer art haps: the artsy goings-on you should get into.
While the urge to sit inside in the AC might be strong, the pull of a bajillion cool art goings-on is even stronger. How about a few team 20x200 selects (featuring 20x200 artists) to help you take your pick of what the summer art season has to offer? These art world happenings run hot. Read on! – Team 20x200
Be sure to nab your copy of Jen Hewett's amazing new book, Print Pattern Sew: Block-Printing Basics + Simple Sewing Projects!
Weedwatching Wall Hanging by Jen Hewett
- Jen Hewett is hopping around the country to talk about her brilliant new book, Print, Pattern, Sew: Block-Printing Basics + Simple Sewing Projects. Her tour ends this Sat in SoCal!
- Winter Sun is an appealingly inapropos title for this summertime solo exhibition full of new work by painter Rachel Sumpter. Stop by Foley Gallery in the LES before this Sunday.
- Are you keeping an eye out? Julia Rothman’s art is popping up all over the city on LinkNYC screens.
Spot Scott Listfield's Sun Sets on the City in his new show ALGORITHM at Spoke Art in San Francisco.
ROBOT by Scott Listfield
- LA: get up close and personal with Esther Pearl Watson’s paintings at Susanne Vielmetter Gallery through July 12th.
- The only kind of Algorithm we’re interested in: Scott Listfield’s solo show at SF’s Spoke Art. Get there by June 23rd!
- Marwan Hisham and 20x200 artist Molly Crabapple's new Brothers of the Gun is not to be missed. Their book tour just wrapped, but you can still get your hands on a copy, of course.
Peek behind the scenes at Leah Giberson's works-in-progress for her Nahcotta show.
Trailer Flash by Leah Giberson
- A repeat offender when it comes to landing New Yorker covers, Mark Ulriksen is showing at Modernism Gallery in SF through July 11th, along with artist Shawn Huckins.
- We can’t get enough of Ky Anderson’s work, and the premise for Paper Giants is a particularly cool one. Catch the group show at Lois Lambert Gallery in Santa Monica.
- Opening July 6th at Nahcotta in New Hampshire: Cindy Rizza + 20x200 artist Leah Giberson are teaming up for some scrummy realism.