Carpe Artem! How to Seize the Summer Art Scene July 01 2017
Looking for a hot take on what art world outings to get into over the next few months? Warm up with these summer art events, hand-picked by the pro gallerygoers and aggressive exhibition hunters on team 20x200. So much art, so few summer Fridays… – Team 20x200
- Pixy Liao's boundary-pushing work at the Museum of Sex? Yes please. We’ll be stopping by to see her images among others in NSFW: Female Gaze.
- You’ll definitely wanna peep Carrie Marill’s colorful new mural in Scottsdale, AZ.
- Speaking of masterful murals, leave it to Molly Crabapple to make us wish we were closer to Queens.
- Everything's coming up Irving this summer! There’s the Irving Penn centennial at the Met, and a traveling Smithsonian show that’ll be making a stop at The Frick (both accompanied by beauteous catalogs worth collecting).
Landon Nordeman captured brightly-colored tights backstage at the Jeremy Scott fashion show, now on view at the Voltz Clarke Gallery.
- Landon Nordeman's idiosyncratic, eye-catching photographs ooze cool factor. Catch his new exhibition, First Looks, at the Voltz Clarke Gallery in NYC.
- The Oakland Museum is the perfect place to discuss the Politics of Seeing, and appreciate the profound talent of legendary photographer Dorothea Lange.
- Check out Endless Editions—which our own Rudy Shepherd has a hand in—and the important work they’re getting done for underrepresented artists.
- We’re following Scott Listfield’s spaceman straight to LA for his solo show at Gallery1988.
Enjoy Anish Kapoor's mesmerizing Descension at Brooklyn Bridge Park.
- Another Insta-friendly art exhibit happening right now is The Summer of Love at the deYoung Museum in SF.
- The inimitable Roger Ballen has a shared show with Asger Carlsen in Amsterdam at Foam Museum, and we have a need for an excuse to visit Amsterdam. How convenient!
- It's the 40th anniversary of the Public Art Fund, of which we are huge fans. Here’s a few summer public art exhibitions in the NYC area that we’ll definitely be exploring.
- Want more? These requisite art event roundups will supply a steady stream of entertainment.